Bad review

Aaron Gerow gerow
Sun Aug 11 22:27:03 EDT 2002

Ah well, just when you want everyone to forget your mistake, everyone
wants to talk about it...

But I do want to thank those who sent messages of encouragement both
publically and privately, and do take to heart some of the advice people
offered.

It was a silly mistake, but having climbed Mt. Fuji the day before
without having gotten over jet lag, I was probably operating at about 40%
normal brain capacity that day.

Since someone brought it up, perhaps I have to say something about citing
a person's name in the original mail. First, I have really no idea that
the author of the review was that person and I do think that person (and
the students) is probably too good a scholar to write such a petty
review. Mentioning these people was both mere speculation and an
expression of "who knows who it could be, it could even be these unlikely
people." Second, to this date I have only heard of this class using my
article in an academic context in Japan. Given the author's insistence on
academic worth, I naturally had to think of this one case as a possible,
though unlikely spot.

But in the end, I feel uncomfortable having to defend what were, after
all, private thoughts. I would just prefer people forget about the matter
and leave the list to better subjects, such as some of the issues Michael
Wood opened up at the end of his note.

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html