On method acting

Anne McKnight akmck
Wed Feb 6 20:15:09 EST 2002

I wondered whether anyone knew any particulars about whether ideas of
"method acting," or the Stanislavski method, were at work in Japanese film
productions.  I was curious after having read in Jennifer Robertson's book
that training in method acting was involved in the training of
'Takarisiennes' for Takarazuka theatre, and wondered if the practice
extended to or drew upon filmic conventions, since filmic melodrama might be
one model for Takarazuka happy-end stories.

Thanks for any info.
Sincerely,
Anne McKnight