Koroshiya 1 / Ogawa / Eiga no Tabi

Aaron Gerow gerow
Thu Feb 7 21:52:48 EST 2002

>One last thing.  When I was at A.F. yesterday I picked up a flyer for
>"2001-nen: Eiga no Tabi".  This is something of an omnibus video made up of
>three parts:  "2001 eiga to tabi" dir. Kurosawa Kiyoshi (15 min),
>"Shinsekai" dir. Sakamoto Junji (18 min) and "Sude ni oita kanojo no subete
>ni tsuite wa kataranu tame ni" dir. Aoyama Shinji (51 min).  This will be
>playing at Athenee Francais for five days from 2/26 to 3/2.

I mentioned the first two in a previous note--the Kurosawa is definitely
worth seeing.  Aoyama's piece is as difficult as usual: an investigation
of the emperor system featuring long readings from Nakano Shigeharu and
Soseki and, according to the notes, an hommage to Somai Shinji.  As I
told Aoyama after the screening, "I'd like to read it again later."

Aaron Gerow
Associate Professor
International Student Center
Yokohama National University