Introduction

Rayna Denison arxrld at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 06:03:07 EST 2002

Hi!

I am also doing some research on Miyazaki. I'm doing my PhD at Nottingham, and am specifically looking at the Japanese and American releases of Mononoke Hime.

I was wondering about your research topic. You say that the Miyazaki-Disney comparison does not hold water, and I completely agree with you. You seem to be taking quite a structuralist stance - looking at semiotics etc - I was wondering what you are hoping this particular stance will illuminate.

Sounds fascinating, I'd love to hear more!

Best wishes

Rayna Denison
Institute of Film Studies
University of Nottingham