Upcoming DVD releases

Don Brown the8thsamurai at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 21:45:16 EST 2002

>Kon Ichikawa --*Sakuhin-shu* -- 2002/03/22 (no mention of English
>subtitles, very expensive) (What is this film called in English)

Sakuhin-shu means "collection", so I imagine it's a box set.  I wonder if
it is the Pioneer one with "Shokei No Heya", "Mannin Densha", "Ana", "Kuroi
Juunin No Onna" and "Watashi wa Nisai"?  Maybe not.
Thanks for the tips - I was especially excited to read of the upcoming
release of Ishii Sogo's "Koukou Dai Panikku".  The 15-minute 1976 film was
Sogo's first, and was remade into a long-form version in 1978 with
co-director Sawada Hiroyuki.  Hope both versions are included, but I won't
be holding my breath.
Don Brown
http://www.geocities.com/the8thsamurai