NYT article

andrew osmond andrew
Wed Jan 23 06:11:57 EST 2002

Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano <mitsuyo.wada-marciano at tufts.edu> writes

>Although I read the anime article on this last Sunday, but I missed the other
>one on _Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi_.  Could you provide its
>reference--which day's NYT it was in, if you still have it in your hand?  I
>looked for it at my university's library today, but I could not find it for
>some reason.  Thank you!

It was published on 3rd January, and the text is at
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/03/movies/03JAPA.html

Please note: Both Mark Schilling and another Japanese commentator of my
acquaintance believe the writer, James Brooke, to be an unprofessional
clown. See http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=1491 for an
amusing follow-up. Brooke may have a big mouth and a flair for insults,
but I don't think even he can conceal his unbelievable stupidity in
slandering Japanese literacy in an _American_ newspaper.
--
andrew osmond