Tomato kecchappu otei

Stephen Cremin asianfilmlibrary
Fri Oct 4 14:13:55 EDT 2002

Image Forum released an unsubbed NTSC tape a few years ago as part of
their EXPERIMENTAL IMAGE WORLD OF SHUJI TERAYAMA 6-tape collection.
Set retailed for Y30,000 according to the flyer I have, perhaps
restricted to 5000 sets, but they must have also sold separately since
I have/had a copy of Volume 1 featuring TOMATO KETCHUP and two other
shorts including an amazing Monty Pythonesque bricks in the underpants
routine.

KETCHUP did play with English subtitles on Britain's Channel 4 in the
mid-1980s when it was more of a risk-taking station.  I think they also
played PASTORAL HIDE-AND-SEEK at the time: I have vague memories of
green-tinted railway tracks.  French-subtitled print is the one that
plays in the UK on its rare outings.

Stephen