bunraku in film

Bernardi-Buralli dburall1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 18:25:52 EDT 2003

Bill's message below reminds me of a film that I don't see mentioned very
often, but which blew me away when I saw it: Gosha Hideo's last film,
"Onna-goroshi abura jigoku," also based on the kabuki/bunraku repertory
play. Has anyone else seen this, or heard or read anything about it? I
believe it was early 1990s? I forget when Gosha died, but I think he was
already very ill with cancer while making this.

Joanne