Films about Japanese Red Army and Anarchists

=%iso-8859-1?q?Robert=20Stuhr?= robert_stuhr at yahoo.de
Tue Feb 18 16:39:55 EST 2003

Dear listmembers!

First let me introduce myself: My name is Robert Stuhr
and I work as an immigration lawyer in Germany.
Interested not only in japanese cinema I mainly hope
to learn from the listmembers and contribute from time
to time. I was a list member some time ago but had to
cancel my membership because I simply didn't have
enough time left. Anybody who has ever founded a young
family will understand this. First comes little Laura,
then cinema...

My first question regards the Japanese Red Army. Are
there any films dealing with this group? I mean films
focussing on the group itself, the political
background, the fate of its members.

The second question regards anarchism. I wonder if
there are samurai films with anarchic tendencies,
perhaps Roningai? Was anarchism ever a topic of a
japanese film?

Robert Stuhr