Solitude Point

Sarah Teasley batgirl at tkb.att.ne.jp
Mon Feb 24 01:23:39 EST 2003

Dear KineJapan members,

I'm looking for two film posters from the mid-1930s, and was wondering if
any KineJapan member might either know of their whereabouts or have a
suggestion for how to find them.

The two films are "Shukujo ha nani wo wasureta ka" (Ozu Yasujiro, 1937,
Shojchiku Ofuna) and "Naniwa elegy" (Mizoguchi Kenji, 1936, Dai-ichi Eiga
Sagano). Neither the Shochiku head office stills department nor Shochiku's
Otani Memorial Library have either the original posters or photographs of
them, but I have seen images of both reprinted in books several years ago.

Thank you very much for your help.

Sarah Teasley

Sarah Teasley / batgirl at tkb.att.ne.jp

Ph.D. Candidate, Programme in Interdisciplinary Cultural Studies
University of Tokyo Graduate School of Arts and Sciences