No subject

rdavisjr@attbi.com rdavisjr
Mon Feb 17 21:08:51 EST 2003

"We first ask everyone to introduce themselves to the list."

Hi there. Bob Davis here, in Los Angeles. I write for American Cinematographer
magazine, usually doing pieces on euro and asian art film -- recently on Chris
Doyle, Tsai Ming-liang, Irreversible, upcoming on Dolls, Hero, and probably
the new Shiota which I'm anxious to see Sunday at the American Film Market in
Santa Monica -- and teach at California State University. Currently doing a
course on "New Asian Cinema" ... includes works of Morita, Kitano, Kurosawa
(Kiyoshi, of course), Iwai, Koreeda, Miike, Nakata, Suicide Club, Owl's
Castle, Battle Royale, etc. Huge Ozu fan, but think Japanese cinema has never
been as vital as it is today. Look forward to your discussion. bd