Films about Japanese Red Army and Anarchists

Mark Nornes amnornes
Sat Feb 22 07:10:11 EST 2003

On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 06:01  AM, M Arnold wrote:

> I recently discovered a book in English about the JRA--_Blood and
> Rage: The
> Story of the Japanese Red Army_ by William R. Farrell (1990).  I

Since the conversation has turned to books, I thought I'd mention a new
book on Adachi. It's a 500 (!) page interview with him, conducted by
Hirasawa Go: Eiga / Kakumei (Wawade Shuppan, 2003). I covers all of
Adachi's life, and in great, great detail; Hirasawa did his homework,
and it shows in the questions and their follow-ups. Some of the most
interesting parts cover his time in Palestine (he was shooting and
writing, but lost everything in attacks), but one can learn a lot about
the early experimental and movement cinema scenes from this book.

Markus