Film Posters from the 1930s

Sarah Teasley batgirl
Mon Feb 24 21:07:24 EST 2003

Dear Sharon,

Thanks so much for the poster leads. Somewhat embarrassingly, I hadn't
thought to call either the Kawasaki City Museum or the NFC, so will be in
touch with them right away. Apparently the Waseda museum is closed until
3/1, so I'll visit them first thing next week.

Are you going to work on Yamagata at all this year? I've quit Doc Box, and
won't be editing the catalogue, but hope to do some translations for them.

Are you still in Tokyo? I hope everything's going well.

Thanks again,

Sarah

on 2003.2.24 20:58, Sharon Hayashi at shh at gol.com wrote:

> Hi Sarah.
> In 1995 the Kawasaki City Museum held an exhibition commemorating 100
> years of cinema in Japan. There's a reproduction of the Naniwa Elegy
> poster (an illustration of Yamada Isuzu holding a cigarette in front of
> a blue background) in the catalogue of the exhibit and I think the
> poster is in the National Film Center's collection. Both the Kawasaki
> City Museum and the theater library(engeki hakubutsukan) at Waseda also
> have limited collections of film posters from the 1930s but most of the
> good stuff is in private collections. Good luck hunting.
>
> Sharon Hayashi
> University of Chicago

sarah teasley / batgirl at tkb.att.ne.jp