Chaplin

Kathryn Millard kmillard
Sat Jul 26 18:56:11 EDT 2003

Joanne,

Thanks for this.  I will definitely check out 'Tokyo Kid'.

Did anyone see "The Kid" 1945 Dir. Marune Santaro at the 2001 Kyoto Film
Festival.  Any Chaplin influence there?  Or just a similar title?

Kathryn

Dr. Kathryn Millard
Senior Lecturer in Screenwriting,
Department Of Media,
Macquarie University

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
[mailto:owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu] On Behalf Of
j.izbicki at att.net
Sent: Saturday, 26 July 2003 3:11 PM
To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: Chaplin

Kathryn,

It's been such a very long time since I've seen Chaplin's 'The Kid' I
don't
recall any of it but you should check out the 1949 "Tokyo Kiddo"
starring
Misora Hibari.  The last scene of the film has always evoked Chaplin for
me
but now that you've brought up 'The Kid' I intend to rent it and look
for more
direct citations.  Given the similarity of the titles, should have
thought of
it sooner!  Good luck!

Joanne