Ringu Dreamworks (US) DVD Release

Mark Mays tetsuwan
Sun Mar 9 15:27:03 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stewart Fyfe" <go_go_godzilla2000 at yahoo.com>
To: <KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: Ringu Dreamworks (US) DVD Release

> Howdy, folks.
>
> Had a question on good ol' Ringu after checking out
> Dreamworks' new DVD release of the original film.
>
> Every version that I've seen previously, and most of
> the stills that I've seen, had this kind of blue cast
> to it, kind of a T.V. blue.  This is almost totally
> absent in the Dreamworks version.  Can anyone confirm
> that I wasn't imagining things, and that Ringu was
> kind of, well, blue-ish in its original release?

I don't recall any blue cast. It has been some time since I've seen it.

This brings up a good question for the editors out there re: the
romanization of the film's title. I have seen arguments that since the
original title is simply RING it should be written that way. Others prefer
RINGU. Which way do we go?