Ozu reference to pickles and jealousy

Delorese Harrington dharring
Thu Nov 6 11:59:49 EST 2003

LOL yes i knew that did i say the opposite sorry.  I will ask some
people I know for any confirmation

>>> frako at well.com 11/6/2003 11:45:43 AM >>>

Thank you, everybody, for your interpretations on the jealousy/pickle
reference in "Banshun." It's clear that the reference is unfamiliar
to all of us. (And, Delorese, like I said the practice of stringing
the pickles together means that one DOES have a jealous temperament,
not the opposite.) I wish I knew whether it was an actual housewives'
belief or (as Kyoshiron suggested) an Ozuism. If people could ask
their Japanese grandmothers (-in-law) I'd really appreciate it!

Frako Loden