von Sternberg's 'Morocco' in Japan?

Thomas Lamarre thomas.lamarre at mcgill.ca
Sun Oct 26 10:20:09 EST 2003

Joanne,

There are Kobayashi Hideo's reference to the film in his essay on literature
of the lost home (1931) ‹ trans. Paul Anderer.  Ozaki Midori (if I recall
correctly) reviews it in her 'Eiga mansou' (also early 30s) ‹ I can check
the date for you.  Have you looked in some of the reprints of the film
journals cerca 1929-30?

cheers,

Tom