Kinema Club 3: A Seminar

Mitsuhiro Yoshimoto my15
Mon Oct 20 12:30:36 EDT 2003

CALLL FOR ABSTRACTS

We are planning to have Kinema Club 3 in New York on the second week of next
February (Feb 13-15, 2004). Unlike Kinema Club 2 in Hawaii, it is a small
seminar with 4-5 papers and one roundtable discussion on a topic to be
decided. All papers will be distributed in advance, and we?ll spend 90-120
minutes to discuss each paper at the seminar. If you are interested in
presenting your paper on Japanese film, television, and media, please send
us a brief abstract/description by October 31. The deadline for the paper is
January 12, 2004. We also welcome any idea for the roundtable discussion.
There is no registration fee this time, but unfortunately no financial
assistance for airfares and lodging expenses is available again. The meeting
will be quite small, about 20 participants including presenters and audience
(because of the small size of the conference room where we meet).

Kinema Club 4 will be held in late spring/early summer of 2005. It is
planned as a big conference, something similar to or even bigger than Kinema
Club 2 in Hawaii. If anybody is interested in hosting Kinema Club 4, we?d
like to hear from you. It?s never too early to plan a conference, especially
if we decide to apply for an outside grant for a financial assistance.

We?d like to hear from people with interesting ideas, new research agenda,
etc., so please do not hesitate to contact us even if you cannot finish a
polished paper abstract by deadline.

Mitsuhiro Yoshimoto, my15 at nyu.edu (New York University)
Mark Nornes, amnornes at umich.edu (University of Michigan)