Just joined!

Robyn Dranfield robyn at mvb.biglobe.ne.jp
Wed Apr 7 23:39:27 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,  I'm Robyn Dranfield-Yamashita.  I live in Aoba-ku, Yokohama.
Originally, I'm from Canada and I've been living in Japan for almost nine
years.

I'm a graduate student.  I'm researching how women are portrayed in Japanese
films.  So, far I've only been able to find research in English, about the
"big" name past directors (Ozu, Mizoguchi, Kurosawa, Naruse, a bit about
Imamura Shohei and Kinoshita Keisuke). Nothing really specifically dealing
with women, but there is a bit.  I was wondering if anyone could give me
some advice or help about who has done research, articles or which movies
they recommend I should watch.

Any help would be welcomed!!!
Thank you!  Robyn