Seppuku

Jason Gray loaded_films at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Apr 9 04:24:19 EDT 2004

Kobayashi's Seppuku (Harakiri) is an amazing film.
Although my viewing over the years has a lot of gaps, this
is surely one of the best Japanese films (and films in
general) I've seen.

Richard's point about Japanese subs is a good one. We've
probably all complained at one point about the lack of
English subs on most domestic DVDs, but they don't even
come with Japanese subtitles in most cases -- denying
hearing impaired viewers. For non-Japanese viewers who can
understand the language to various degrees, Japanese subs
can definitely help when dialogue is hard to catch.

JG