They all look the same...

Mark Nornes amnornes at umich.edu
Sun Aug 29 20:40:32 EDT 2004

A few years ago, Spielberg was interviewed in the midst of
preproduction for Memoirs of a Geisha. The reporter describes costume
designs for the film's kimono spread out over a table, and admires all
the elaborate images of dragons decorating the costumes. Ever since
that moment, I've been looking forward to how cheesy the final film
would be. Looks like I won't be disappointed. The dragon motifs
foreshadowed the casting: Watanabe Ken will be joined by Zhang Ziyi,
Michelle Yeoh, and Li Gong.

Markus