They all look the same...

Kerim Yasar kerimyasar
Mon Aug 30 06:38:45 EDT 2004

No offense intended to those who may have liked it,
but the book itself is far more problematic than the
casting of Chinese as Japanese in the movie
adaptation.  I mean, if we're talking about
AUTHENTICITY of any sort here, that book is out of
bounds from the word go.  My own personal (rather
harsh, I know) opinion is that this is precisely the
kind of slapdash treatment opportunistic shlock like
"Memoirs" deserves.  Let the fools have a field day
with one another.