AW: New Documentation of Future Cinema now in Japan

Pete Otis virtualart at culture.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 2 05:06:16 EST 2004

The name of the exhibition is "Future Cinema" and it is currently on display
in Japan.  There is also a significant amount of this "new media" work going
on in Asia currently, though this exhibit shows mainly euopean artists.
Since cinema itself was once "new media" you can see the direct influence it
currently has on these comtemporary works.  What is facinating to see is the
the differences in works inlfuenced by western or eastern cinema.

The database for virtual art which will provide documentation for these
kinds of works will be going public soon.  it will be in both english and
german.

pete