HANA TO HEBI & video censorship in Japan

Miles Wood diabolik at netvigator.com
Sat Jun 26 19:45:24 EDT 2004

What could be the reason behind releasing a cut version on DVD? Simply so an
uncut version could be released later ie. more sales? Seems unlikely.

I wonder what was cut from the cinema version? I thought it might be SM
scenes that might considered too "hard" for theatres but there's no reason
for these to be cut for home video market - I mean , just look at all the AV
available in Japan - so could it be Ishii is refusing to optically censor
parts of the film and so these have actually been cut? Anyway, that's pure
guess work....

If the DVD/Jp theatrical release is 115m how long is the uncut version which
played Berlin?

Miles