HANA TO HEBI & video censorship in Japan

Jason Gray loaded_films
Sun Jun 27 11:45:44 EDT 2004

Miles,

There was a DVD released a few months ago entitled "Hana
to hebi: micchaku shashinshuu" (shashinshuu is "photo
collection", but there are no stills on the DVD). It
contains scenes cut from the film, an interview with Aya
Sugimoto, etc. but was quite heavily mosaiced.

According the Berlin market catalog I have, the version
shown was also 115m.

I don't know the reasons behind the cuts, especially in
light of what's available on the AV market. Someone else
here might be able to shed some light on that.

--- Miles Wood <diabolik at netvigator.com> ???????
??