on the ring remake

Don Brown the8thsamurai
Wed Jun 23 06:20:54 EDT 2004

>I was under the impression that 'The Ring 2' was progressing relatively
smoothly and Nakata was happy with his position. I could be wrong though-
what have you heard?

Nope, you're right - I forgot about him directing Ring 2. My mistake. After
directing a flurry of films in the late 90's and early 00's, Nakata's
notable absence from the screen since 2002 is apparently attributable to a
difficulty in finding suitable projects in Hollywood, but at least now it
seems we'll see more from him in a year or two.

Don Brown