on the ring remake

Bourdaghs, Michael bourdagh
Wed Jun 23 09:14:26 EDT 2004

 Yes, Nakata is directing "Ring 2" and it is just about done filming here in
Los Angeles (they've also shot some stuff up in Washington state). I've
heard things are generally going well on the set.

Best,

Michael Bourdaghs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
To: KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Sent: 6/23/2004 3:20 AM
Subject: RE: on the ring remake

>I was under the impression that 'The Ring 2' was progressing relatively

smoothly and Nakata was happy with his position. I could be wrong
though-
what have you heard?

Nope, you're right - I forgot about him directing Ring 2. My mistake.
After
directing a flurry of films in the late 90's and early 00's, Nakata's
notable absence from the screen since 2002 is apparently attributable to
difficulty in finding suitable projects in Hollywood, but at least now
it
seems we'll see more from him in a year or two.

Don Brown