Call for Panel Participants, JSAC Conference

tim.iles at utoronto.ca tim.iles at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 2 22:34:24 EST 2004

Dear All;

The 2004 Japan Studies Association of Canada Conference will be at the
University of Victoria this year (October 15-17), with the theme "Why
Japan Matters More than Ever Before!" (the exclamation point really should
be there! ^_^)

I'm hoping some KineJapan folk will be interested in joining a panel I've
proposed to explore the conference theme through cinema. I'll be
presenting a paper on Japanese spirituality in recent works by Miyazaki
and Kore-eda, among others. At the moment, the other panel member is Dr.
A.V. Liman, Emeritus Professor from the University of Toronto.

The only caveat is that the conference does not have funds to offer for
travel--please pursue funding from your institutions.

Please reply to me as soon as possible, off-list, at: timiles at uvic.ca.
Many thanks and best wishes,

Tim Iles
Department of Pacific and asian Studies