NHK program--Attack of the 4.17 million _furiitaa_

David Lewis david.lionel.lewis
Fri Mar 19 23:37:29 EST 2004

Anne,

you should be able to find what you are looking for by googling: 417????
??NHK

the date seems to be 03.07 09:00

David Lewis

----- Original Message -----
From: "anne mcknight" <akmck at sympatico.ca>
To: <KineJapan at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: 2004?3?19? 22:30
Subject: NHK program--Attack of the 4.17 million _furiitaa_

I wondered if anyone happened to catch an NHK special that aired around the
first of March, called "The shock of 4.17 furiitaa" (4.17?mannin no
sh?geki). I'm curious if there's any on-line info, and I'm looking for the
exact title of the series it aired in (going through the entire on-line
archive of NHK news has sizable downsides...). It seems to have been the
last week of Feb or first week or March, from the newspaper/magazine press I
have been reading.

In a related film note, I'm also curious if anyone has any speculations
about interesting/a surge in furiitaa (=free arbeit, occasionally
counter-cultural, more often lately standing reserve of flexible labor for
contract work) characters, especially in indie films. Aoyama Shinji's films
come to mind as an interesting case...

Thanks for any leads.

Anne