Sakuragraph small-format films

Frako Loden frako at well.com
Sat May 29 14:33:00 EDT 2004

Does anybody know about the series of Sakuragraph small-format films
released by Konishiroku (now Konica)? Hiroshi Komatsu says he thinks
they were sold during the 1930s and '40s and that they were mostly
documentary but sometimes abridged versions of feature films.

The print I have is a silent travelogue of Korean sights. I'd love to
know how many of these Sakuragraph films were released, during what
years, whether filmmakers of any note had a hand in them, and if any
journal articles have been written about them.

Thanks a lot,
Frako Loden
Berkeley, California