Sakuragraph small-format films

Roland Domenig roland.domenig at univie.ac.at
Mon May 31 03:14:42 EDT 2004

konishiroku started selling its sakurascope 16mm-projectors in 1928. the
sakuragraph series started shortly after. these were mostly educational
films from the so-called atena-library of yokohama shinema. i don't know
whether later on konishiroku made its own films for the series or whether
they still relied on the films by yokohama shinema.
the library of the national filmcenter in tokyo has a catalogue of
sakuragraph-films issued in 1933.

roland domenig
institute of east asian studies
vienna university