Mike Yokohama - Shinji Aoyama

Stefan Nutz / Nuzumakifilms nuzumaki at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 20:56:42 EST 2004

after seeing today Shinji Aoyama's episode of Mike Hama (a forest with no
name)
i was wondering if anybody on the list can comment on the success of this
series in
japan. I heard that the first episode (most terrible time in my life) was
released in the US on
dvd, but is this also a part of the 12 TV parts, or a seperate movie?
what my research showed was that they are all available in japan (for the
usual high prices) but
unfortunately all without subtitles. has anybody more information if there
exist subtitelt prints
or other versions? because of the very famous directors like KUROSAWA,
AOYAMA,
ISHI and YAGUCHI they have been maybe screened on a festival (like it was
the case with "a forest
with no name").
any help is appreciated... thanks

with best regards,