Censorship during the Occupational Period

J.sharp j.sharp at hpo.net
Sun Nov 28 20:55:59 EST 2004

There's a very enlightening book called Mr Smith Goes to Washington, written
by Kyoko Hirano, that covers this exact subject. I wrote about it on
Midnight Eye a few months ago:

http://www.midnighteye.com/books/mr-smith-goes-to-tokyo.shtml

Best,

Jasper Sharp

--
Midnight Eye: The Latest and Best in Japanese Cinema
www.midnighteye.com

===

Coming soon from Stone Bridge Press:
The Midnight Eye Guide to New Japanese Film
by Tom Mes and Jasper Sharp
Foreword by Hideo Nakata