Matsumoto Toshio

Jonathan M. Hall jmhall
Mon Nov 29 11:57:53 EST 2004

Dear Futoshi Tomori,

Aaron Gerow has an interesting interview with Matsumoto in Documentary Box.
The url is:
http://www.city.yamagata.yamagata.jp/yidff/docbox/9/box9-2-e.html
Also, Noel Burch is enthusiastic about Matsumoto in a few pages at the end
of his To the Distant Observer.

And, risking shameless self-promotion, I should add that I?ve been working
on/presenting on Matsumoto for a few years now.  Two chaptrers of my
dissertation, Unwilling Subjects: Psychoanalysis and Japanese Modernity,
address Matsumoto specifically.  I?m now reworking that material for
publication.

Finally, I am sure that Mark Nornes? second book on documentary will address
Matsumoto too.
Please contact me off-list if you?re interested ...

Yours,
Jonathan