The Fate of Kinema Club Website

Joseph Murphy urj7
Mon Nov 29 17:11:49 EST 2004

There was some discussion and general agreement in October to update and
give a little more attention to materials on other parts of the Kinema
Club website.  I had been reworking one of the links on the "teaching"
section on Noel Burch's To the Distant Observer anyway, so here's
delivery #1.  This was something I'd written from html 8 years ago, and
was graphically very primitive.  The new site should be more readable,
work better to illustrate the points, and fit the look of Kinema Club a
little better.  Please take a look and tell me what you think:

       http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/jmurphy/New/title/title_index.htm

The site is meant as a very brutal "reduction" of Burch's argument (see
the Caveat), and just a sort of conversation-starter for reading it.  I
have heard rumors that Burch's book is being prepared for reissue, which
would be a nice coincidence.
Please let me know if you spot any problems, or have any suggestions.
Thanks for your input, and thanks to two students of mine, Phill Taylor
and Taha Sadegi, who did the site design.
yours,
Joseph Murphy