Speaking of remakes of Stella Dallas...

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby
Mon Aug 29 06:58:41 EDT 2005

That's not fair - I did remember - the sentence you quote finishes with the statement that it was made after the Henry King silent! But yes, you are right to point out the popularity of the earlier version in Japan.

Aaron Gerow <gerowaaron at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 2005.8.29, at 05:03 AM, Alexander Jacoby wrote:

> The film precedes the 1937 King Vidor Stella Dallas

Do remember there is a 1925 version of Stella Dallas that already was
popular in Japan and can explain earlier influences.

Aaron Gerow
KineJapan owner

Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University

For list commands, send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html