Japanese Films in archives?

Bernardi-Buralli dburall1
Mon Dec 5 15:51:11 EST 2005

Dear Andreas,

Unfortunately not Europe but...the George Eastman House here in Rochester
has a beautiful print of KURUTTA IPPEIJI, it is the print that was shown in
Pordenone in 2001. For early Japanese animation, there are some interesting
examples available included in the 6 video series of "forgotten" silent film
put out by Planet Films in Osaka. Try this link for a picture:

http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/planet1/

Someone else may know more (I seem to remember there being an English
language page for Planet but don't see it now), but I think you'd be in luck
emailing in English for more info on ordering.

Good luck,

Joanne

Joanne Bernardi
University of Rochester