Tapes, DVDs for Nikkatsu Action line-up

mark schilling schill
Mon Feb 21 07:55:47 EST 2005

Here's the availability status of the films in the Udine Far East Film
Festival's Nikkatsu Action retro. Corrections appreciated!

Note: NO TAPE OR DVD means that neither Nikkatsu nor Tsutaya stock tapes or
DVDs of the title at the moment, as far as I know.Tapes may exist somewhere,
however.

Also, for the NO TAPE films, Nikkatsu made unsubbed tapes especially for my
viewing. These tapes are now in the possession of the Udine festival.

Finally, I found the tape of "Colt wa Ore no Passport" I rented from Shibuya
Tsutaya to be quite viewable.

Mark Schilling
schill at gol.com

1. (DVD) Sabita Knife (Rusty Knife, 1958) dir: Masuda Toshio, cast: Ishihara
Yujiro, Kobayashi
Akira, Shishido Jo
2. (DVD)Akai Hatoba (Red Quay, 1958), dir: Masuda Toshio, cast: Ishihara
Yujiro, Kitahara Mie
3. (DVD) Akai Handkerchief (Red Hankerchief, 1964), dir: Masuda Toshio,
cast: Ishihara
Yujiro,Nitani Hideaki, Asaoka Ruriko

4. (NO TAPE OR DVD) Hayauchi Yaro (Fast Draw Guy, 1961), dir: Nomura
Takashi,
cast: Shishido Jo, Yoshinaga Sayuri
5. (TAPE) Rokudenashi Kagyo (Dirty Work, 1961), dir: Saito Buichi, cast:
Shishido Jo, Nitani Hideaki
6. (TAPE) Colt wa Ore no Passport (A Colt Is My Passport, 1967) dir: Nomura
Takashi, cast: Shishido Jo, Jerry Fujio
7. (NO TAPE OR DVD) Glass no Johnny (Glass Johnny, 1962) dir: Kurahara
Koreyoshi,
cast: Shishido Jo, Ashikawa Izumi, I George

8. (DVD) Daisogen no Wataridori (Wanderer on the Great Plains, 1960), dir:
Saito
Buichi, cast: Kobayashi Akira, Shishido Jo, Asaoka Ruriko
9. (SUBBED DVD) Ore ni Sawaru to Abuanai ze (Black Tight Killers, 1966) dir:
Hasebe Yasuharu, cast: Kobayashi Akira, Shishido Jo
10. (NO TAPE OR DVD) Arakure (Roughneck, 1969) dir: Hasebe Yasuharu, cast:
Kobayashi Akira, Fuji Tatsuya,Shishido Jo
11. (SUBBED TAPE) Kurenai no Nagareboshi (Velvet Hustler, 1967), dir: Masuda
Toshio, cast: Watari Tetsuya, Shishido Jo
12. (TAPE) Burai Yori Daikanbu (Gangster VIP, 1968) dir: Masuda Toshio,
cast: Watari
Tetsuya

13. (DVD) Kenju Buraicho: Nukiuchi no Ryu (Pistol Diary: Quick Draw Ryu,
1960) dir:
Noguchi Hiroshi, cast: Akagi Keiichiro, Shishido Jo
14. (DVD) Kurenai no Kenju (Red Pistol, 1961) dir: Ushihara Yoichi, cast:
Akagi
Keiichiro

15: (NO TAPE OR DVD) Kyonetsu no Kisetsu (Season of Heat, 1960) dir:
Kurahara
Koreyoshi, cast: Kawachi Tomio

16. (SUBBED DVD) Nora Neko Rock Sex Hunter (Stray Cat Rock -- Sex Hunter,
1970) dir: Hasebe Yasuharu, cast: Kaji Meiko, Fuji Tatsuya