dvd update

Michael E Kerpan Jr. kerpan
Wed Feb 23 08:24:12 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 07:49, Miles Wood wrote:

> some interesting titles have been released in HK by PANORAMA Entertainment
> and UNIVERSE: (all DVDs feature english subtitels and original aspect
> ratio)

I have the Tokyo Lullaby DVD.  Not stellar, but reasonably adequate, as to
both subtitles and image quality.  I am happy to get any of Jun Ichikawa's
hard-to-find works -- in any format I can watch.  So this is a welcome
release.

(Very wonderful film overall -- I especially liked the way it captured a bit
of downscale Tokyo that I've never seen shown in films before.

I will order the new  Somai DVD soon.

MEK