New York Film Academy does Tokyo

Stephen Cavrak cavrak at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 05:22:16 EDT 2005

On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:50 PM, Stephen Cremin wrote:

	US$4000.  Follow the money.

Like "creative writing" programs of the 60's and 70's, film making,
video, and now "digital film making" is a popular ways for schools to
run summer institutes. You can build your own, or just license one. The
NYFA seems to be a "franchise" program ... their website showing

    Locations available at:
    New York City
    Universal Studios, Hollywood, CA
    King's College, London, UK
---

  * Summer Session Only
  * Disney-MGM Studios, Florida
  * Harvard University
  * Princeton University
  * Paris, France
  * Florence, Italy

I can just imagine a bunch of students like the budding film makers in
Imamura's "Jinruigako Nyumon" showing up to learn the latest techniques
:).

Steve

[Actually, I'm only half joking. I find the process by which art,
commercial (both big studio, and advertising), independent,
underground, etc, "genres" spread and develop. What is learned in a
classroom, working as an apprentice, and just doing it on your own.]