Translation help :-)

Paul Kraly seaotter37
Sun Jul 3 09:59:25 EDT 2005

Thanks so much, Yamada, for your help and kindness. Thanks to everyone,
really... I'm trying, as we speak, to arrange for payment to get these
four films in my hands, and remember I'm always on the lookout for more.
:-) There was in fact a move I saw just the other day, well, actually
two movies with some stunning photography. One is a Thai movie called
"Phra Apai Mani".. a beautiful tale about mermaids and magic, the other
is a hard look at reef divers, called "Muro Ami", from the Phillipines,
I believe, and is a brutal account of illegal fishing in the sea... boys
from as young as 8-years-old were forced to make long, extended dives
sometimes as deep as 30 feet to bang at corals. The film was actually
very controversial, because they destroyed some corals in making it. Not
only that, but the "sport" has killed many a poor diver, and it's still
going on today.

I know they're not Japanese, so..sorry about that, just very interesting
films and must-sees for underwater photography buffs like me. Hehe. :-)

Paul

--
Writing, editing, research, web templates, e-books and more.