New history of Japanese film

Fergus MacDermot macdermotfergus
Tue Mar 1 05:24:30 EST 2005

Isolde Standish was my tutor at SOAS last year and she used short extracts
from a book in the tutorials (I can't say 100% it is the same book as she
never told us the title). It was generally thought provoking and continued
in the style of her previous Myth and Masculinity in the Japanese Cinema in
that cultural changes are reflected in the cinema of the time, especially in
relation to gender.

Fergus