Lady Ejima Scandal

Alexander Jacoby a_p_jacoby at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 11:07:59 EDT 2005

Dear All,

Sorry not to have encountered people on this website at Pordenone, I was too distracted by the awful loss of my film notebook, which I am now painstakingly striving to reconstruct...

Anyway, I wondered if anyone knew if there was anywhere in English where one could read in detail about the Lady Ejima scandal of 1714 (Shotoku 4nen); the histories seem to have very sketchy accounts. If there's a detailed account in Japanese somewhere, that might also be useful since I can no doubt enlist someone Japanese who will help me puzzle the meaning out...

Best,

ALEX