New Manga based Movie: Dororo

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow
Wed Aug 16 00:22:34 EDT 2006

> There is a new manga-based movie called Dororo (or Dodoro.. I dont
> remember) I just know it's one of my girlfriend's favorite manga when
> she was young. It's based on a Osamu Tezuka comic.

They already have an official home page:

http://www.dororo.jp/

It says it won't be opening until 2007. It's directed by Shiota Akihiko
(Moonlight Whispers, Gaichu, etc.) and co-written with Masamura Naka
(who's worked a lot with Miike). It'll be interesting to see how
Shiota-san handles a big-budget jidaigeki.

Aaron Gerow
Assistant Professor
Film Studies Program/East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
53 Wall Street, Room 316
PO Box 208363
New Haven, CT 06520-8363