Kinejapan - Kitano

Lorenzo Javier Torres Hortelano ljth2006
Thu Aug 10 18:52:11 EDT 2006

Thanks, Reid:

In fact, many years ago, some national networks in Spain broadcasted it and
even nowadays there is one of them rebroadcasting it with very funny dubbing
("Humor amarillo", "Yellow Humor")... And yes, I knew about "Beat". But, may
be you can help in something about you wrote: As far as I know "manzai" is
about crazy jokes, etc., Is it that simple? Can be added some characteristic
to that description of "manzai"? Where does this kind of comedy comes from,
may be from Kabuki? Do you know of any book taking about that tradition? And
most important, is Kikujiro playing a "manzai" character?

Lorenzo.

--
Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano