KineJapan at SCMS

Brian Ruh brianruh at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 21 15:07:48 EST 2006

Hello All,

I was just curious who from this list is going to be up at the Society
for Cinema and Media Studies conference in Vancouver next month. I'll
be there giving a paper on DVDs and the film "Last Life in the
Universe" (by the way, does anyone know how to pronounce 'Ratanaruang'?
I don't know Thai -- is it just like it's spelled?) and I'll be on a
roundtable on international animation, where I'll be discussing some of
Oshii's films.

Anyway, this will be my first big, serious academic conference, and I'd
love the chance to meet other scholars of Japanese media.

== Brian Ruh

Brian's Essential Reading:
Book:     http://www.oshiibook.com
Research: http://www.animeresearch.com