films for my master's thesis

kiseko minaguchi kiko at main.teikyo-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 9 19:34:26 EST 2006

Dear Prof. Gerow,
Happy New Year to you on the white campus!
I should have announced much earlier about my Ph.D. I earned from Nichidai
Geijyutsugakubu 2004, and the book published 2005 tittled Eiga no
Bosei(Cinema Maternity). I am happy that on Eizogalu Mr. Itakura nicely
reviewed the book about the Japan-US representation of mothers focusing on
Mimasu Aiko .I hope you would sometime read it
and give me some comment on it.
This is the bright side; I lost my husband suddenly for heart disease and
last autumn I had my right shoulder fractured
and remained hospitalized for a month, when I finished reading Davinch Code
supporting the paperback with my left hand, the only efficient one left for
me. Now I'm back to teaching routines but my right arm is not yet as good as
before.
Hope your family is enjoying the New England life, which I do miss.
Best,
Kiseko Minaguchi, Teikyo Univ.
PS I'm transferred to the University from Junior College this April, but the
teaching load is as heavy as before.