looking for articles on Miike

Tim Stone tim.stone at film.vic.gov.au
Wed Jan 11 18:45:33 EST 2006

Audition has shown on SBS television in Australia, SBS is the
free-to-air multicultural broadcaster in Australia. Their charter is to
show foreign films catering to the many different language groups
prevalent here - while also attracting more viewers in general; they
regularly show Japanese films. I agree with Jim, next to Hideo Nakata's
films, most people seem to know the film "where the girl saws off the
guys leg..."

Miike appears to have a strong fan base here. His films either sell out
or are well attended at the Melbourne Film Festival - which
unfortunately is usually the only time you get to see a film print
version. We usually get two films a year. 2005  - it was Izo and Three
Extremes, 2004 - Graveyard of Honour and One Missed Call.