Call for papers in Barcelona and Help

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 14:04:38 EST 2006

On a coincidental note, I'm just watching 'Wasabi', a Japanese-French co-production. It's very much a pop culture view of Japan, but it's a Luc Besson production starring Jean Reno, which means it's probably one of the most high-profile European-Japanese co-productions of recent years.

  Jim.

LORENZO JAVIER TORRES HORTELANO <ljtorres at hum.uc3m.es> wrote:
  Dear kinejaps:

Some of you (the European above all) might know an interesting
Call for Papers about "Cine Europeo Contemporáneo" (Second International
Congress on Contemporary European Cinema) to celebrate next June in
Barcelona (http://www.upf.es/cinemaeuropeu/english/inici_e.htm).

I was there last year and it was quite interesting. May be I'm
coming again this year. I'd like to make something about relationships
or interaction between European and Japanese (Eastern) contemporary
cinema so, what comes to your mind? Any particular ideas about movies,
books, webs, etc., that could help me?

Thanks in advance.

Lorenzo J. Torres
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos