looking for Hirokazu Kore-Eda's documentary on a Korean passing as a Japanese

MileFilms at aol.com MileFilms
Mon Jan 2 16:57:35 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/2/06 4:44:51 PM, hahumiaomiao at aim.com writes:

> I have the impression that Kore-eda Hirokazu has a documentary made for TV
> that is concerned with a Korean passing as a Japanese.? I've been looking for
> this documentary for a long time, and it just occurred to me that I could
> have resorted to you much earlier.? So here it is.? Any leads?to the film (on
> VHS, DVD, VCD or?computer files) would be extremely appreciated.? I'd prefer
> that it has English or Chinese (very unlikely) subtitles.??I also welcome
> information on writings on this film.?

I believe that one is 1992's  I Wanted To Be a Japanese and you can probably
get a copy from TV Man Union who produced most -- if not all -- of Mr.
Kore-eda's docs.

http://www.tvu.co.jp

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video